In Being there for Someone Mom

When you heal a broken heart....




For the past few months has brought great sorrow for someone I truly care and dearly love. My beloved mom. She has been my biggest supporter and my best friend. Then all of a sudden something bad happened to her...she had a broken heart. Life couldn't have been any harder for her to deal with in her tight situation. Helping and caring for others was her joy everyday. She cared and love her family and would do anything for them. But as time gone by and health started to creep badly onto her...she continue strongly in doing what makes her happy, Service. Never in my life had I experience my mom being mean or harsh towards anyone(unless you messed with her kids, then that's another story)when I was growing up. Her heart was the size of the world. Giving all that she can for those who don't have much. We also didn't had much in our lives, but we were spoiled with her ultimate LOVE. That's what I know about my mom. It was about 2 weeks ago I had an urge to call my mom in Hawaii. I just got home from the Salt Lake Temple. I felt there was something wrong, so I called my mom to check and see if everything was OK. The soft and weakness of her voice was disturbing. She's been strongly ill for the past 2 months and she had no help from anyone. As she continue to talk to me, she told me that she was angry with all sorts of personal issues and she wanted nothing from anyone, not even any sympathy. Depression, anger, hatred, fear, anxiety and frustration was with my mom that night. So for myself I listened and let her vent, because I knew right there and then that she needed to talk to someone. I then slowly turned the tables and made her worst day into a happy one. I really didn't do much, but listen. For once in her life she had someone listen to her every need. Soon after that conversation, we ended with her telling me how much she miss being with her children and that she's grateful and happy that I called her. Everyday for the past 3 weeks I would call her every morning to check on her, which would make her day. With the little act of kindness will go along way. I'm grateful of the Holy Spirit in prompting me to call my mom who needed someone to talk to. Listen always with the spirit and it will guide you to what the Lord wants you to see, to hear, to live and to accomplish.

Related Articles

1 comments:

Katharine Wolfgramm Wilson said...

thx for sharing....I've never met your mother, but she seems like a true warrior, one that has gained wisdom from all the trials and tribulations in her life,she's gotta be real proud of you and what you've accomplished in your life spiritually..Good way to be in tune with the spirit...we'll keep her in our prayers....love ya J...Kat

J.Elu Photos. Powered by Blogger.